“Clothes do not maketh men, Necklaces do!”
Necklace, a piece of jewelry that is worn around the neck, is usually considered to be a woman’s forte. But eventually, times are changing. Now that men and women are being treated equally in each and every field, adorning jewelry is not just a women’s cup of tea. Men’s jewelry and specifically men supporting necklaces is becoming a fashion statement in its own sense. Infact, according to the market researchers Euromonitor, in 2005, British men bought £136m worth of jewelry out of which the majority was contributed by necklaces.It is not an unknown fact, that men exhibiting jewelry dates back to early history. During ancient times, men were seen wearing necklaces that were made out of basic pieces such as stones, feathers, birds teeth etc. The rich and royal men were also seen wearing heavy necklaces made out of pure metals that added to aura of their entire personality. Nowdays men’s necklace have various forms. They range from simple thread necklaces with quirky metal pendants to beaded and stone necklaces or mere plain chains.
Not keeping it too mainstream and inpouring you with excess theoretical knowledge, I would like to list out a few trendy ways and tips for wearing men’s necklaces that can add to your style quotient.
- The first and fore most rule for being well dressed is being comfortable in your own skin. After all what’s the point of looking absolutely stylish when you keep fiddling with your look. So look out for something that you are comfortable wearing.
- Keeping it simple yet meaningful is the trick. Avoid overdoing it. Wearing too much can make you look pretentious.
- Keep an image in your mind of how you expect to see yourself and accordingly make your choices. Have your own style and don’t blindly follow others.
- When wearing a simple chain, modesty is the key to success. Keep the chain understated and under the shirt and you’re good to go.
- Do not wear religious iconography unless you actually subscribe to the religion.
- Pendant necklaces can be supported with casual t-shirts, thus adding a touch of personal style.
- And last but not the least, be confident. Flaunt it as if you’ve been wearing the piece for years, ever since your grandfather gifted it to you.
I sincerely hope that the above stated points act as a useful help to all you readers.
Now that the demand for men’s jewelry has been increasing dramatically, it is obvious that the supply trends have also been increasing. One of the suppliers for voguish men’s jewelry is the ‘Rossi and Rossi Biker Jewelry Shop’. They primarily deal in biker’s jewelry and also have pretty cool stuff under the cadre of men’s jewelry. In the end I would like to conclude by quoting,
“Men’s jewelry is meant to complement and not overwhelm.”
So, stay smart and choose wisely!!!